Sunday 18 May 2014

I'm moving from Pinguy 12.04 to Pinguy 14.04


I originally wanted to install Pinguy 14.04 the latest version of the UBUNTU based distribution, but by accident I install the previous stable version 12.04 released in 2012. And I've been inspired by how far Linux has come__it actually works and has worked for a long time. Like right now I'm trying this blog in LibreOffice 3 and its working just fine.

A couple of things I've had problems with on the Pinguy OS is the Docky, it keeps on freezing on me. VLC has been freezing a lot, the start menu sometimes doesn't respond, when I'm connected to the INTERNET it interferes with the explorer. I've had it. Besides the pre-installed applications are not form my liking, There is no Gimp preinstalled which is a turn off because I use this application daily.

I choose Linux , I'm moving from Pinguy it didnt work for me, And I'll be using manjaro Linux as my dairly driver

No comments:

Post a Comment