Sunday 18 May 2014

Installing Applications on Pingy Linux


So these are the application I think I need although have already been installed

  1. Google Chrome – I feel this is the best browser ever but I'll see I've never used on Linux, but I think it will do fine. Google would gain nothing from being pro-windows.
  2. Themes I want the Numix theme I can't wait for this one for weeks on end
  3. other browser Opera, alternative browsers don't hurt at all its good number of browser installed
  4. Facebook deck
  5. sumo paint
  6. screen shot
  7. cairo-dock it's ice to have this is use once I'm bored with Docky
  8. screen cast

I'm using the UBUNTU software center to make these installations.

I'm struggling to install any of these applications as my PC keeps on freezing, in fact whats freezing ids the dock. Which is why I want to replace it with cairo dock.

Pinguy Linux is turning out to be really good as a distribution, I can't go back to windows, there is no need to. But I think its no the open source part that makes all interesting but the the fact that its free, and has alternatives to the many options I can choose from. Foe one I wont need to install GIMP because I already have Pint

No comments:

Post a Comment