Saturday 7 June 2014

Installing Google chrome on Manjaro Linux 2014

I've just completed an installation of Google Chrome into my system, my daily driver "Manjaro Linux Gnome" and I want to say that I prefer Chrome always.

So even when I was using Windows, Chrome was my Browser of Choice. I first used default IE but quickly changed to Opera and Firefox, it was only latter that I decided to stick with Google Chrome, and the main reason was because of the Google web store, that made it fun to use this browser, though up until now it still doesn't have all the applications for power users.

The main positive that convinces me and confirms that I'm making the right choice is the spelling checker in this on-line pad I'm currently using to write this post. In Firefox I had to beg in order to see wrongly typed words, but with Google Chrome I can see spellings in real time.

One negative was that immediately after installing Google Chrome the entire system froze and I had to reboot the computer to have it working again. I thought you never need to reboot Linux unless you upgrade the kernel. But it seems I have to reboot every time after installing an Application.

Speed, I was writing an assessment 2 days back using Firefox the assessment was timed and  couldn't get Firefox to respond in time, this is the primary reason I have opted to change my default web browsers.


I'm told its never a good idea to have 1 browser installed, rather have 2 or more, so I won't un-install Firefox 29 though I will seldom use it.


No comments:

Post a Comment