Monday 16 June 2014

Manjaro gnome has failed me

There ends my curiosity on Manjaro Linux Gnome 2014. It has been freezing on me several occasions when I used the internet rather, when I'm connected to the browser, until now and every-time it frozen I would force a shut down, and upon the reboot it would repair the hard-drive.

But today when I did the shut down after running Linux without shutting it down for Hours I forced a shut-down and it when it was repairing the Hard Disc Drive it didn't work and kept on saying I must boot using the sfck/dev/...which I have no idea what it means.

Let me say this it's not my loyalty to Linux that i need to explain to anyone why I'm using windows again for these few Hours. I am not a loyalist to windows or to Linux, But I'm loyal to productivity

Moving Forward.....

Now this is what I'm going to do. try Manjaro one more time. I have already used Manjaro XFCE last year and it crashed on me as I couldn't log on to the desktop. And while using it I want able to connect to the network/ internet and I lost all my data in that drive.

Then Now I've used I've almost lost all my data again, but thanks to partitioning, I don't know what wrong with all these distros. Please let Manjaro KDE work. Because I was thinking Debian simple because of its stability. But Debian needs a lot of technical expertise especially in the installation of applications and that's where I stay away. I really don't want to use the terminal. I need something I can trust, I have a lot of development to do a lot of applications to build, and that can only be done in a stable environment.

I choose Linux because I have alternatives and now i;m moving to Manjaro Linux KDE. This is now where I will do most of development, I'm planning to use this distribution for months if they're stable enough for years.

No comments:

Post a Comment